From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wireless dropping connections
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 19:30:42
1 On Tue, 30 Oct 2012 11:45:37 +0000
2 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > On Tue, 30 Oct 2012 13:29:43 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
5 >
6 > > I'm using wicd-1.7.2.4-r1 and a NetGear DGN2200M v2 wireless AP
7 > > (802.11n)
8 > >
9 > > Several times a day, this thing just drops wireless. I doubt it's my
10 > > laptop as other devices in the house also get affected.
11 >
12 > Have you tried switching to a different channel, just in case it is
13 > caused by interference?
18 Actually, I hadn't tried that. I use channel 8 and this is at my house.
19 I've only ever seen 2 other neighbour's APs show up and they both use
20 channel 1.
21
22 But then common sense kicked in. All previous APs have been 802.11g,
23 this is the first 802.11g, and it sits next to a cordless phone. I
24 really should mount the AP up high and extend the cable.
29 Alan McKinnon
30 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com