From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] My winmodem works on linux-on-laptops.com
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 19:22:28
1 I'm not sure here (but someone will point if I'm mistaken), but ppp
2 init script is intend to bring up adsl based connections, while you
3 need a dialler to connect dial-up, back in the days I had dial-up I
4 used minicom, and later kppp to handle this... In fact, you need to
5 set your device (usually /dev/modem) and use a program to dial using
6 that modem, this will create the ppp0 interface for you, and also
7 (most of them) will set is as the default route. Any server with
8 dial-up has configurations, and that's what your ISP have in their
9 script, you just find them out and put the same config at your dialer.
10
11 Good luck.
12