From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone get Acer laptop internal microphone working in Gentoo?
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 22:12:06
1 On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 12:18:40PM +0530, Yohan Pereira wrote
2
3 > did you add alsasound to the boot process?
4 >
5 > i went 6 months trying to figure out what was wrong with my microphone
6 > until i realised that i forgot to do that!
7 >
8 > also unmute the microphones using alsamixer (in alsa-utils) like
9 > Hung sugested.
10
11 I had already unmuted everything before posting my question. With
12 enough microphone boost, I have a hissing noise. I didn't know about
13 alsasound being a daemon until today. With alsasound running, mencoder
14 and ffmpeg and arecord now *THINK* that they are recording a sound
15 channel. That's an "improvement", because they used to say "noaudio"
16 before. But still nothing gets recorded. Here is a sample command I
17 tried.
18
19 arecord -f cd -t wav -c 2 -D plughw:0 foobar.wav
20
21 Maybe I should go and buy an external microphone already.
24 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>