From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] distcc implementation failure
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 01:19:15
1 On Fri, 20 Feb 2015 17:09:02 -0800 Daniel Frey wrote:
2 > Well, I decided to try distcc once again and set up a few machine to do so.
3 >
4 > I have set the -march directive on each machine to its own (and not
5 > "native"), and set up the accesses. It seems to work on most packages.
6 >
7 > However, I've found that there's some packages that just don't work:
8 >
9 > -mysql/mariadb errors out "can't find synch.h"
10 > -ffmpeg errors out "can't find windows.h"
11 > -xbmc and mythtv both failed as well, but this may be because of the
12 > above two errors.
13
14 Looks like you are using pump mode. Disable it and use "normal"
15 distcc.
16
17 > These are repeatable errors and they occur on all three of my mythtv
18 > frontends.
19 >
20 > Now, I've disabled distcc on one machine completely and above packages
21 > compile fine, so it must be something to do with distcc. So that's what
22 > I'm doing for the time being.
23 >
24 > However, this poses another question: is there a way to tell portage to
25 > NOT use distcc for certain packages? Rather than manually disabling it.
26
27 Yes, there is. Create a file /etc/portage/env/no-distcc.conf with
28 the following content:
29
30 FEATURES="${FEATURES} -distcc"
31
32 and add the following entry in /etc/portage/package.env (create
33 file, if it doesn't exist):
34
35 category1/foo no-distcc.conf
36 category2/bar no-distcc.conf