From: Graham Murray <graham@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo from ext3 to ext4
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 17:13:41
1 reQuiem23 <niklas.baumstark@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > yeah, but my /boot is still ext3 and grub IS actually loading the system, it
4 > even runs uvesafb. or is grub even incompatible with ext4 root-filesystems?
5 > i thought this was entirely handled by the kernel.
6
7 Grub is not incompatible with ext4 root filesystems as long as you, as
8 you do, have a separate /boot partition with a 'supported' format. It
9 works fine here with ext2 /boot and ext4 / - but I converted this using
10 tune2fs from etx3 rather than creating a new etx4 root (but I did create
11 a new ext4 /home on a different drive)