From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} RAM & apache MaxClients (rock & a hard place)
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 22:08:42
1 >>>> Changing completely from a user-facing apache to a user-facing nginx
2 >>>> sounds fraught with peril.
3 >
4 > The last time I set this up was for one of our e-commerce sites on Centos.
5 >
6 > It went like this:
7 >
8 > install nginx
9 > vi config file
10 > change obvious stuff
11 > tweak location of nginx and backend web server
12 > restart stuff
13 > stuff worked
14 >
15 > Even the SSL certs was mind-bogglingly easy. Copy it over to nginx.
16 > Sorted. Done.
17 >
18 > Lucky for me, I could firewall off the backend web server from the
19 > entire world so users never see it directly. This let me dispense with a
20 > CE signed cert for the backend and just create my own.
21
22 So you're saying nginx listens on 80/443 and apache listens on
23 1000/1001 (for example) and you firewalled 1000/1001 from all but
24 localhost?
25
26 Can I use the same SSL certs with nginx that I've been using with apache?
27
28 - Grant
29
30 P.S. Thanks for the shot of courage.