From: Lord Sauron <lordsauronthegreat@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: Nice IDE for development
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 19:30:57
1 On Saturday 02 September 2006 07:48, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
2 > * Remy Blank <remy.blank_asps@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > Allan Spagnol Comar wrote:
4 > > > I am changing development from window to linux now, it took a
5 > > > long time but I finally convince my boss to change, what I was
6 > > > holpping to know is if there is any nice development IDE for
7 > > > linux like MS visual studio. I had heard about anjuta, there is
8 > > > something else ?
9 > >
10 > > I like Eclipse (use it for Java and Python, I read C/C++ is quite
11 > > well supported, too), but it's pretty heavy.
12 >
13 > Ah, if you're looking for an something better than autotools:
14 >
15 > * http://unitool.metux.de/
16 > * http://treebuild.metux.de/
17 >
18 > Not finished yet, still under heavy development ;-)
19
20 Another nice one that is very C/C++ centric is KDevelop. It's got good
21 KDE integration (if you're using KDE). It also works well with bash,
22 Python, and PHP stuff I'm told. I've only ever used it for C/C++. For
23 PHP I'd use Quanta+ (another KDE thing - guess what I use ;) I can
24 vouch for Eclipse. I use it daily, and though it is very heavy and can
25 be difficult to use, once you start to get good with it... Wow.
26
27 However, never underestimate the power of vi/emacs/nano/pico/kate/gedit
28 and a good terminal! (I use Kate and nano, please, no vi vs. emacs
29 wars today please!)
32 http://lordsauronthegreat.googlepages.com/