From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] iptables
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:01:46
1 On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:43:26 +0200, Holly Bostick wrote:
2
3 > > "We recommend you enable _everything_ except ipchains support and
4 > > ipfwadm support as modules under this menu"
5 >
6 > I never read this as meaning that everything should be selected, but
7 > rather that everything that you select under this menu, other than
8 > ipchains support and ipfwadm, should be selected as a module rather than
9 > static.
10
11 That interpretation would also mean that you should enable ipchains as
12 static, something you wouldn't want. But it is a highly ambiguous
13 statement.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 The best antiques are old friends.