From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to do port-based routing?
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 20:40:22
1 On 2008-03-03, kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net> wrote:
2
3 > I'm not aware of any iptables front end that will also manager
4 > policy based routing which is Cisco-ese and maybe general
5 > Network-ese for what you're trying to do. However I would use
6 > shorewall (or whatever you prefer) to do most of the work and
7 > then insert your custom rules where they need to go.
8
9 AFAICT, I only need to add 1 iptable rule to mark outbound
10 frames destined to particular ports.
11
12 > All policy routing regardless of actual implementation has you
13 > build an ACL of traffic you'd like messed with. Then you need
14 > to specify what happens to traffic that matches the ACL.
15 > However one thing the original how-to you linked left didn't
16 > completely spell out is NAT. You MUST NAT on each interface or
17 > you'll have all sorts of routing fun that does not work.
18
19 I don't understand why I have to do NAT. Can you explain why?
20 (Or point me to docs that explain why?)
23 Grant Edwards grante Yow!
24 at BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-
25 visi.com
28 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list