From: Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Assistance if possible
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 13:11:08
1 On 03/18/12 08:55, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Sun, 18 Mar 2012 00:15:10 -0400
3 > Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Hi,
6 >>
7 >> All of you guys that are more experienced and technical than I am will
8 >> probably laugh at me. However ....
9 >>
10 >> Today, I wanted to update my computer. I got all kinds of messages
11 >> related to kde stuff. One my one, I unmerged the offending packages
12 >> and added the line to my package.keywords file so that an upgrade of a
13 >> package masked by keyword would be installed.
14 >>
15 >> However, activitymanager can't be reinstalled because there isn't an
16 >> upgrade to 4.8.1. Since I went about things the way I did, I can't
17 >> get this package installed because everything else is upgraded to
18 >> 4.8.1 and activitymanager's latest version is 4.7.4.
19 >
20 > I believe activitymanager is now part of kactivities.
21 >
22 > So just unmerge activitymanager and let the ebuilds figure it out.
23 >
24 > You probably have activitymanager in world so portage tries to
25 > explicitly pull it in.
28 Yes, I have activity manager in world, but I've unmasked all kde
29 packages for version 4.8.1 and because of that, I can't get
30 activitymanager installed because the latest verion for that is only
31 4.7.4 and I get told kactivities-4.8.1 blocks activitymanager.. I can
32 get into KDE after my upgrade, but I can't move windows around, nor
33 close or resize them. So I assume activitymanager is somehow needed.
34
35 Regards,
36
37 Colleen