From: Miernik <public@××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo laptop issues
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 18:36:22
1 list-catcher <list-catcher@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > The most important of the problems involves the fan. The laptop gets a
3 > whole lot hotter using linux while compiling than it did using vista
4 > while compiling which implies that there is some fan control missing
5 > from my install. What sort of ebuilds/apps should I be looking at to
6 > solve the problem?
7
8 How about trying some of these:
9 http://packages.gentoo.org/category/sys-power/?full_cat
10
11 > Button #2 of the touchpad, which seems to be set as the upper right
12 > corner of the pad, controls paste (as in cut and paste). The button
13 > works great at first but then after a period, or it may be related to
14 > a heat issue, it stops working. Restarting X solves the problem. I
15 > have not noticed it failing with gpm but I have not stayed in console
16 > as long. Remapping works but I'd like some pointers on solving this
17 > problem.
18
19 Maybe install xev to see if it outputs any data when it "stops working"
20 so you can see if its a hardware or software problem.
21
22 > I've also noticed two seperate clipboards. One, using the usual
23 > middle click button and another using shift-insert. These clipboards
24 > are different in what they paste... Anyone know more about this?
25
26 Here you can read about it:
27 http://www.jwz.org/doc/x-cut-and-paste.html
30 Miernik