From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel panics and more info
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 14:09:59
1 On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 06:41:31 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > I have not been able to get the nv drivers to work. It has been so
4 > long since I had to use them, it appears I have forgot how to use
5 > them. I'm not sure I have ever used them since I been using Gentoo. I
6 > found the link on the xorg site. It wasn't very useful for me. I do
7 > have xf86-video-nv installed tho. I thought that was it. However,
8 > when I change the driver in xorg.conf to nv, no more GUI.
9
10 Instead of editing xorg.conf, move it out of the way and let X figure
11 things out for itself.
12
13 You could also try the VESA drivers, slow but reliable.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Top Oxymorons Number 2: Exact estimate