From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Install from USB stick; here's how
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2013 20:21:53
1 On Wed, Sep 04, 2013 at 09:59:28PM +0000, Grant Edwards wrote
2
3 > Do the instructions at http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/LiveUSB/HOWTO work
4 > with UEFI machines where the simple 'dd' method doesn't?
5
6 I don't have a UEFI boot machine, so I don't know.
7
8 > One datapoint: my motherboard has UEFI bios, and simply dd'ing the
9 > minimal install .iso to a flash drive worked fine. When I boot up
10 > with the USB drive, the BIOS boot menu shows two entries for the USB
11 > drive, the first one always worked, so I never tried the second one...
12
13 Are you booting in UEFI mode or "legacy mode"?
16 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
17 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications