From: Brad Camroux <bgcamroux@××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gentoo and WindowMaker
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2007 05:01:13
1 Greetings,
2
3 I've been trying to get WindowMaker working on my Gentoo box, so far without success.
4 It's very difficult to find anything on Google et. al., too about getting things
5 working. Today I managed to find the wmaker.inst program to install WindowMaker for
6 the current user, but when I try to login and load WindowMaker, it just goes back
7 to my kdm screen. I've been using Fluxbox in the meantime, and really don't want to
8 just give up and go back to KDE. I want to use a nice, lightweight window manager.
9
10 Does anyone have any ideas about configuring WindowMaker to work on Gentoo? I know
11 lots of people have done it, but nobody seems to write a detailed account of how.
12
13 Thanks,
14
15 Brad