From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] konqueror:5 - why couldn't it be more like konqueror:3 ?!!
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 19:22:17
1 On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 9:57 AM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > OK, I know life moves on, but this move has been a retrograde step for me. My
3 > konqueror:5 recently updated seems to have a number of problems and <aheam!>
4 > features I am not happy with. Grateful for any pointers to address these. In
5 > no particular order.
6 >
7 > 1. The Bookmarks Toolbar will *always* show up when launching Konqueror. I
8 > deselect Settings/Toolbars Shown/Bookmark Toolbar and relaunch the
9 > application, only to find out my deselection will not stick.
10 >
11 > 2. The menu shows no icons, only text; buttons like open new tab/close current
12 > tab show no icons, making difficult to guess.
13 >
14 > 3. When used as a file manager Konqueror will only open directories or files
15 > if I double click on them. I have set up in systemsettings5 Hardware/Input
16 > Devices/Mouse/Single click to open files and folders. Konqueror ignores it.
17 >
18 > 4. All my years of Bookmarks of Konqueror:4 gone. I had to import them
19 > manually.
20 >
21 > 5. Network places, gone.
22 >
23 > 6. Left hand Panels with Places/Devices/Folders ain't thaa'r.
24 >
25 > 7. Konqueror Introduction page, no icons; unless I hover over them,
26 > hyperlinked titles shown in dark grey over a blue background. I know my eye
27 > sight is not as good as it used to be, but this is really akin to usability
28 > sabotage.
29 >
30 > The are probably more problems I have not captured above, but my experience of
31 > konqueror:5 is that of crippleware. I don't know if this has anything to do
32 > with it, I am not running konqueror on a full plasma desktop, but as a stand
33 > alone application. Have you observed similar?
34 >
35 > --
36 > Regards,
37 > Mick
38
39 You should take your complaints to the project's bug tracker. I know
40 they will take number 7 very seriously, and seeing as you've used the
41 project for an appreciable amount of time they will likely consider
42 most of your other issues.
43
44 At the very least they would probably tell you how to do what you
45 don't know how to do. If they can't insist that there has been a
46 regression.
47