From: Alan Grimes <alonzotg@×××××××.net>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Grub: for the love of almighty Zardoz the magniicent....
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2020 01:41:05
1 https://omsi.edu/calendar/zardoz
4 I RMA'd my normal mobo as previously discussed.
5 I went to grab my previous motherboard and it turns out that it had actually released a goodly chunk of it's Magic Smoke (tm) while I hadn't been looking.  So I went down to the Quickie Mart and grabbed a motherboard that was still compatible with the rusty old 1800x...
6 The error was
7 Unable to load "/grub/i386-pc/normal.mod"
8 I had to buy some more USB sticks (my optical drive seems functional but will not boot the machine...) and used gparted to get into the partition,
10 =(((
11 All my .mod files were in x86_64-efi
12 >>> AND IT WAS WORKING ON THE OTHER MOTHERBOARD!!! <<<
14 Dear beloved Zardoz, what have I done to deserve your wrath???
15
16 I need to have a run of brass plaques fabricated with the inscription "If it can fail then the design is wrong" and mail them to each of the penguins that cause me this much heartburn.
17 I have no idea where even to begin fixing this mess...