From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems with the web browsers
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 18:03:14
1 On Sunday 16 August 2009 18:40:12 M Daniel R M wrote:
2 > Konqueror: very stable indeed, but it couldn't be at another way since
3 > it's a key piece of the KDE environment... The problem comes when I want
4 > to fill in forms (you know... web pages for registering, etc.). It stops
5 > many times without giving us an alert message or some kind of
6 > explanation, so you have to deduce that the problem is not from the
7 > website, but the browser instead.
8 >
9 > I don't know whether problems come from java or whatever..., I've
10 > checked my konqueror preferences and I'd bet they are all OK..
11
12 javascript support in konqueror sucks.
13
14 For everything else it's actually OK. One of these days it will use webkit as
15 the backend and then things might improve. Until then, I'm afraid you are SOL.
18 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com