From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kde 5 and portable media mounting
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 02:27:44
1 2016-04-16 14:52 GMT-03:00 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>:
2
3 > Francisco Ares wrote:
4 > > Hi, All.
5 > >
6 > > After some issues (some not yet solved, but on the way...), there is
7 > > one pretty annoying: regular users have to provide root password in
8 > > order to mount a flash drive, for instance.
9 > >
10 > > Am I missing something? Found some posts on the net, but none has
11 > > given enough light on the subject.
12 > >
13 > > Thank you,
14 > > Francisco
17 > I just plugged a couple sticks into mine. It didn't even recognize one
18 > and the other gave me a permission error. It says I am not authorized
19 > to mount the device. So, same problem as you. As someone else posted,
20 > I suspect this is a problem with a group setting. The only new group I
21 > have listed is sddm which is the display manager. Surely that wouldn't
22 > have anything to do with this. I might add, my camera works. I have
23 > uploaded some pics just yesterday. Could this be device specific?
24 > Also, my phone is recognized as well. It seems only USB sticks are
25 > affected here.
26 >
27 > Dale
28 >
29 > :-) :-)
33 On KDE 4, it was ok, it mounted removable media in
34 /run/[username]/[medialabel] , as the users were already in "plugdev" group
35 and, just in case, the "disk" group as well - and they are there up to now.
36
37 Talking about "plugdev" could it be that removing parts of KDE4 in order to
38 replace them with parts of KDE5 removed any udev rules?
39
40 Going to look into this.
41
42 Thanks!