From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] microcode applied?
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2018 01:34:21
1 On Monday, 8 January 2018 10:29:41 GMT Max Zettlmeißl wrote:
2 > > How do you build the microcode into the kernel? The only
3 > > place I can see to do that in menuconfig is under Device Drivers;
4 > > there's no such field under Firmware.
5 >
6 > The Device Drivers section is exactly where the microcode is included.
7 > CONFIG_EXTRA_FIRMWARE is the relevant symbol.
8
9 Right. So which of the 95 files under /lib/firmware/intel-ucode do I
10 specify? That's in addition to the 14 files I have for my amdgpu.
13 Regards,
14 Peter.