From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hard drive error from SMART
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 17:29:50
1 John Covici wrote:
2 > On Fri, 15 Apr 2022 11:49:21 -0400,
3 > Dale wrote:
4 >> Howdy,
5 >>
6 >> I got the drive and pvmove is doing its thing.  I would like to unplug
7 >> one of the drives and physically move them around without shutting down
8 >> my system.  Is there a way to tell LVM to disable the drives while I'm
9 >> doing this and restart them when done?  I found the command vgchange -a
10 >> n<name> but I'm not sure if that is correct.  Honestly, I want to be
11 >> really sure before I unplug things.  I assume the "n" changes to "y" to
12 >> restart them?
13 >>
14 >> Thanks.
15 >>
16 >> Dale
17 >>
18 >> :-)  :-)
19 >>
20 >> P. S.  BTW, the drive has passed two new tests with no error.  The tests
21 >> are slower than usual tho.  I'm not sure why tho.
22 >>
23 > No, you can't do that till the pmove is over.
27 Yea.  I was planning to wait until pvmove was done.  It actually
28 finished not to long after I sent the message.  It was what prompted me
29 to see if this is possible.  I found a page that talks about it but the
30 info didn't explain it much.  I'm pretty sure that is the right command
31 but given the limited info, I wasn't sure.  Reading the man page helped
32 a little but still wasn't 100% sure then either.  Thing is, I only have
33 to unplug and move one of the two drives on that group.
34
35 Sounds like the right command tho.  If not, someone speak up.
36
37 Dale
38