From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hard drive error from SMART
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 16:50:50
1 On Fri, 15 Apr 2022 11:49:21 -0400,
2 Dale wrote:
3 >
4 > Howdy,
5 >
6 > I got the drive and pvmove is doing its thing.  I would like to unplug
7 > one of the drives and physically move them around without shutting down
8 > my system.  Is there a way to tell LVM to disable the drives while I'm
9 > doing this and restart them when done?  I found the command vgchange -a
10 > n<name> but I'm not sure if that is correct.  Honestly, I want to be
11 > really sure before I unplug things.  I assume the "n" changes to "y" to
12 > restart them?
13 >
14 > Thanks.
15 >
16 > Dale
17 >
18 > :-)  :-)
19 >
20 > P. S.  BTW, the drive has passed two new tests with no error.  The tests
21 > are slower than usual tho.  I'm not sure why tho.
24 No, you can't do that till the pmove is over.
27 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
28 How do
29 you spend it?
30
31 John Covici wb2una