From: "Paul B. Henson" <henson@×××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Get off my lawn?
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 02:35:30
1 > From: Rich Freeman
2 > Sent: Friday, January 16, 2015 4:41 PM
3 >
4 > I suspect that eventually we'll get to a point where the stage3s don't
5 > contain init, just as they don't contain a kernel. Besides, who wants
6 > all those files clogging up their drives when all they want is a
7 > chroot? :)
8
9 I've got no issue with that, Gentoo is all about choice :). What is going to make me really unhappy is if/when the assimilation campaign by systemd makes supporting init system options difficult or impossible 8-/.