From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: SOLVED: I switched to the Nvidia video driver
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 07:12:54
1 On 20/04/12 09:39, Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > A couple of booby-traps for the unwarey...
3 >
4 > 1) There seemes to be a colour translation bug in recent versions of
5 > Flash that only shows with the Nvidia video drivers. Red and blue are
6 > swapped in Flash. If you see people with blue faces, and you're not
7 > watching Avatar, you've hit this bug. The solution is to edit
8 > /etc/adobe/mms.cfg Append the line...
9 >
10 > EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1
11 >
12 > This will work with most Nvidia cards. If that doesn't work, try making
13 > it two lines, namely...
14 >
15 > EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1
16 > OverrideGPUValidation=true
17 >
18 > Note that Flash is quite fragile with these two lines, and the plugin
19 > crashes a lot.
20
21 A crash-free solution is to leave mms.cfg as-is and instead right click
22 in a flash window, select "Settings" and uncheck the hardware
23 acceleration checkbox. You probably need to restart the browser after that.
26 > 2) Nvidia drivers do not like the mplayer "xv" video output option at
27 > all. It hangs my machine, requiring Magic-Sysrq to shut down
28 > semi-gracefully. Don't use that option with Nvidia drivers.
29
30 Hmm. Xv is the most stable option for most users.