From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Updates = slow firefox
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 17:46:41
1 On 4/23/2010 1:37 PM, Grant wrote:
2 >>> Can anyone confirm that as users we should be moving away from hal?
3 >>
4 >> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/x/x11/xorg-server-1.8-upgrade-guide.xml
5 >> http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/XorgHAL
6 >
7 > OK, and since xorg-server-1.7 doesn't have a udev USE flag, I should
8 > probably stick with hal until 1.8. Please let me know if that isn't
9 > the case. I'm on udev-149.
10
11 If HAL is working for you, stick with it. If not, turn it off. Xorg
12 1.7 works equally well with or without HAL. The main difference is how
13 much manually configuration you need to do.
14
15 The relative stability of using/not using udev with Xorg 1.8 have yet to
16 determined.
17
18 :)
19