From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Binary chrome - is it safe in terms of dependencies?
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 01:36:06
1 On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 1:09 PM, Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 30/01/13 at 11:09pm, Nilesh Govindrajan wrote:
3 >> Since Gentoo updates libraries very quickly, I'm wondering if it is
4 >> safe to use the binary version? Has anyone faced library breakages on
5 >> this?
6 >>
7 >> Chromium is easily recompiled with new libraries and you don't have a
8 >> broken browser, which won't really be the case with the binary
9 >> version.
10 >
11 > I've used the binary version (google-chrome) for a while and never
12 > had any breakages. I guess if there's a library update that could
13 > potentially break google-chrome the gentoo devs would add a blocker so
14 > you wont be able to install the 2 at the same time.
17 Or I can just bundle a copy of the necessary libraries, similar to
18 what I have done for libudev.so.0.