From: Eric Martin <freak4uxxx@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Switching to hardened
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 21:33:19
1 Dan Farrell wrote:
2 > You might consider building packages but not installing them -- I think
3 > could use --buildpkgonly (aka -B) to achieve this end. If the world
4 > emerge with a -B flag finishes successfully, I think that means all
5 > packages were built and you are ready to emerge world with --usepkgonly
6 > (-K) without having to worry about build-time issues that could cause
7 > conflicting packages on the system.
10 > But what does everyone else think?
13 I like it. The only problem is it might not work in some situations
14 where you need program A to compile program B (kde4 requires qt4). I've
15 never gone from a non-hardened system -> hardened though so take my
16 comments with a grain of salt. This could also work on other tricky
17 upgrades.
18 --
19 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list