From: bobwxc <bobwxc@××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Best approach to a home NAS server
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 08:57:02
1 在 2021/1/20 上午8:04, Raphael MD 写道:
2 >
3 > Hello folks!
6 > What could be the best approach to a small home server with a 20’s
7 > core Xeon and 32GB of ram?
8 >
9 > I'm thinking of serving a NAS, a virtual machine to record 2 cameras
10 > with ZoneMider and a DB server/php.
11 >
12 > Some configurations I'm guessing are described below.
13 >
14 > 1)Install FreeNAS, formatting my 3 disk in ZFS raid and setup all
15 > stuff upon FreeNas using VirtualBox (1-Linux to ZoneMinder and 1-Linux
16 > to a small host php/db server);
17 >
18 > 2)Install a FreeBSD ZFS using Xen and setup two guests, a Linux Guest
19 > to ZoneMinder + DB/php and a FreeNas guest;
20 >
21 > 3)Install a Linux ZFS host, ZoneMinder and DB/php upon it and a
22 > virtual machine for FreeNas;
23 >
24 > 4)Install a Linux ZFS, setup a NAS on Linux, and run a VirtualBox
25 > machine to ZoneMinder and another small server.
26 >
27 > Thanks!
30 > M.S. Raphael Mejias Dias
31 > Nuclear Engineer | Reactors
32 >
33 > Secure e-mail: raphael.mejias.dias@××××××××××.com
34 > <mailto:raphael.mejias.dias@××××××××××.com>
35 > PGP Key for raphaxx@×××××.com <mailto:raphaxx@×××××.com>:
36 > https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x87BC5A746072F951
37 > <https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x87BC5A746072F951>
38 Here are some my options,
39 1. freenas host, using dockers for ZoneMinder and php/db server;
40     (or linux host and docker for nas and other server)
41 2. try ESXi, and install virtual machine like freenas and linux servers.
42
43 I recommend No.2, since you server is powerful and ESXi may get a good
44 performance.
47 bobwxc
48 F645 5C7A 08E8 A637 24C6 D59E 36E9 4EAB B53E 516B

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature