From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: A quick test of su [SOLVED]
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 17:57:16
1 On 01/18/2010 04:41 PM, walt wrote:
2
3 > Here is what I see on both machines:
4 >
5 > $su
6 > Password: <===== I type Ctrl-d here
7 > Segmentation fault
8 >
9 > I've traced this problem to the pam_ssh package, which is supposed
10 > to return a charstring containing the typed password, but it instead
11 > returns a null pointer when I type Ctrl-d. Calamity ensues.
12
13 The key here is the pam_ssh package, which apparently the rest of you
14 don't use for authentication. I've added "auth sufficient pam_ssh.so"
15 to the pam system-auth file so I can ssh between local machines using
16 my ssh private key for authentication.
17
18 Thanks for testing.