From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: {OT} Will ARM take over the world?
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 18:31:02
1 Am Mittwoch, 12. Dezember 2012, 19:33:58 schrieb Walter Dnes:
2
3 > It would be interesting to see a "micro" port of Gentoo. But you can
4 > forget about bringing over KDE-OS, GNOME-OS, or CHROME-OS. If/when
5 > gnash is finally ready, or HTML replaces Flash, I could see Gentoo
6 > running with ICEWM or a lightweight desktop like XFCE or LXDE.
7
8 SLAX is using KDE4 - and uses 200mb.
9
10 KDE is flexible. If you have lots of memory, it does use lots of memory. If you
11 don't it doesn't. So don't group it together with 'lets force mono unto our
12 users - for a notes application' gnome or 'you can always add another 4gig'
13 chrome.
16 #163933