From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Best anti-virus
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 12:30:39
1 On Freitag, 9. Mai 2008, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
2 > Am Freitag, 9. Mai 2008 schrieb ext Tony Caudel:
3 > > I am currently using the clamv anti-virus program. I was wondering if
4 > > there is a better one for Gentoo, especially one that integrates well
5 > > with Thunderbird. That has been my one disappointment with clamav. Not
6 > > necessarily clamav's fault since T/B maintains its emails in one long
7 > > file.
8 >
9 > Hmm, how many Linux viruses exist out there? Usually these Linux based anti
10 > virus progs only make sense on mail servers that receive mail for Windows
11 > users.
12 >
13 > Or am I completely wrong here?
14
15 better save than sorry - and there is more malware than virus' and worms. A
16 good av might be able to find some of the less sophisticated rootkits too.
17 --
18 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list