From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE and the new plasma 5 thing
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 20:19:43
1 On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 08:30:48 -0500, »Q« wrote:
2
3 > > > > That's because kdm is dead. I found sddm a little flakey. On my
4 > > > > laptop it works more or less as expected, but on my desktop,
5 > > > > selecting reboot or power off from the desktop drops me back to
6 > > > > sddm without rebooting. I'm nit sure if this is an issue with
7 > > > > sddm or plasma, maybe I'll try slim instead.
8 > >
9 > > > SDDM was doing that to me too until I created a default config.
10 > >
11 > > That appears to have worked, thanks.
12 >
13 > I have a default config, but I can't reboot or shutdown from sddm. If
14 > I press one of those buttons, a 30-second timer starts. Pressing more
15 > buttons to try to skip the timer just restarts the timer. Letting the
16 > timer run down, it gets to zero then goes beyond, into negative
17 > integers.
18
19 That's a different problem, mine was that I couldn't reboot or shutdown
20 fro the desktop, it dropped me back as sddm as if I'd selected Logout.
21 Then I could shutdown from sddm.
25 Neil Bothwick
26
27 Zmodem has bigger bits, softer blocks, and tighter ASCII