From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE and the new plasma 5 thing
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 13:31:11
1 On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 00:17:48 +0100
2 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 14:00:37 -0700, Daniel Frey wrote:
5 >
6 > > > That's because kdm is dead. I found sddm a little flakey. On my
7 > > > laptop it works more or less as expected, but on my desktop,
8 > > > selecting reboot or power off from the desktop drops me back to
9 > > > sddm without rebooting. I'm nit sure if this is an issue with
10 > > > sddm or plasma, maybe I'll try slim instead.
11 >
12 > > SDDM was doing that to me too until I created a default config.
13 >
14 > That appears to have worked, thanks.
15
16 I have a default config, but I can't reboot or shutdown from sddm. If
17 I press one of those buttons, a 30-second timer starts. Pressing more
18 buttons to try to skip the timer just restarts the timer. Letting the
19 timer run down, it gets to zero then goes beyond, into negative
20 integers. I can live with that; it's rare that I want to shut down
21 from the login manager, and switching to a virtual terminal lets me
22 escape.