From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE and the new plasma 5 thing
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 23:18:06
1 On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 14:00:37 -0700, Daniel Frey wrote:
2
3 > > That's because kdm is dead. I found sddm a little flakey. On my
4 > > laptop it works more or less as expected, but on my desktop,
5 > > selecting reboot or power off from the desktop drops me back to sddm
6 > > without rebooting. I'm nit sure if this is an issue with sddm or
7 > > plasma, maybe I'll try slim instead.
8
9 > SDDM was doing that to me too until I created a default config.
10
11 That appears to have worked, thanks.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million
18 typewriters will eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare.
19 Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.