From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] merging or fitting images together
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 20:54:16
1 I have a lot of images scanned from old negatives of non-standard sizes,
2 which I had to split up into halves or quarters to process;
3 I was careful to use the same settings for each of the sub-parts.
4 Now I want to reassemble them into the original whole pictures.
5
6 There are several apps which might do this.
7 Jonathan Corbet describes using Hugin (LWN 090910);
8 there's also Krita & Gimp & perhaps Imagemagick.
9 I have Imagemagick installed, but the others need a number of deps.
10
11 Before I go to a lot of trouble emerging + exploring on my own,
12 has anyone else done this kind of job successfully & what did they use ?
16 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
17 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
18 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca