From: "Albert W. Hopkins" <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: What happened to OpenRC 0.9.6?
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 16:33:21
1 On Mon, 2011-11-28 at 18:15 +0200, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > Generally true, but not when something is obviously broken. That
3 > means
4 > not even its upstream dev bothered to test it.
5 >
6 > ~arch is for "we think this works, but please give it a go in case
7 > there
8 > are problems". It's *not* for "we have no idea if this works because
9 > we
10 > didn't even try it once".
11
12 You're experience is obviously different than mine. I've been using
13 Gentoo for many years and sometimes things in unstable don't even
14 compile... and it's obvious that the Gentoo developers didn't even
15 attempt to compile it. This is par for the course.
16
17 And you're talking about a feature that is already documented as
18 "probably won't work" and you're expecting them to test *that* given
19 that they don't even test things that are expected to work?!
20
21 Good luck with that.