From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't create valid btrfs on NVMe
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 13:46:12
1 On Thu, 18 Aug 2016 14:57:04 +0200, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2
3 > I've got a similar drive in my desktop and it actually works.
4 > Difference: I am using Ext4.
5
6 Yes, it works on ext4 here.
7
8 > Can you try Ext4 and see if it works?
9 > Next test: Does it work with a non-NVMe drive?
10
11 That's my next test, but I've used sysrescd to set up btrfs before, so I
12 doubt that's the cause.
13
14 > Also, which kernel version?
15
16 4.1.30 - then I realised that sysrescd defaults to an older kernel (my
17 rescue version in /boot always boots to the alt kernel). I tried the alt
18 kernel, which is 4.4.17, and it worked!
19
20 Many thanks, Joost. It always helps to have someone point out the one
21 obvious point I've overlooked!
25 Neil Bothwick
26
27 I am Ken Dodd of the Borg... What a fine day to be assimilated missus!!