From: Remy Blank <remy.blank_asps@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Migration to xorg-x11 7.0 - Great except for one detail
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 07:10:23
1 Benno Schulenberg wrote:
2 > Remy Blank wrote:
3 >> I had slightly changed the "inspiron" xkb mapping so that they
4 >> generated the right events (XF86AudioPlay, XF86AudioStop,
5 >> XF86AudioPrev, XF86AudioNext). Then, I defined a few keyboard
6 >> shortcuts in the KDE control center to trigger come actions,
7 >
8 > Please explain how you did this, or point me to a document, as I
9 > don't see any Play or Stop or similar actions in Control Center >
10 > Regional > Keyboard Shortcuts.
11
12 The keys are defined in /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/inet, in my case in
13 the section 'xkb_symbols "inspiron"'. This maps the extra keys on my
14 laptop to XF86* key codes.
15
16 Then, in the control center, select the function for which you want to
17 assign a shortcut, press the button under "Shortcut for selected
18 action", and press the key you want to assign. This assigns one of the
19 XF86* key codes as a shortcut.
20
21 > Revdep-rebuild isn't perfect, but it seems unlikely that re-emerging
22 > some KDE package would fix the problem. Trying won't hurt though.
23 > Give kxkb, kdelibs, ksmserver and kcminit a shot.
24
25 I already did kdelibs without success, but I'll do the others today as
26 well. Thanks for the suggestion.
27
28 The thing that I find really strange is that the key are recognized,
29 they just don't work as shortcuts.
30
31 Thanks.
32 -- Remy
35 Remove underscore and suffix in reply address for a timely response.
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list