From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] etc-update
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 16:44:10
1 On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 10:59:09 -0500, Teresa and Dale wrote:
2
3 > > I don't see why use other tool. Etc-update works great...
4 > > I've been using it since my first Gentoo install 2 years ago and never
5 > > needed (neither bothered looking for) this other tools you mentioned.
6
7 If you haven't tried them, you can't know whether they are better or not.
8
9 > I have tried the other tools and they are not any better. The biggest
10 > thing, no matter what tool you use, is to be VERY careful what you
11 > update. For me, about 95% of the stuff is fine but that 5% can keel you
12 > or make you wish you were dead. O_O
13
14 This alone makes dispatch-conf worthwhile, because you can roll back any
15 changes it makes.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Top Oxymorons Number 3: Working vacation