From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge colors and light background
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 14:39:27
1 On 2018-04-19, Klaus Ethgen <Klaus+gentoo@××××××.de> wrote:
2
3 > I use light background and many colors of emerge and other tools are
4 > simple unreadable (like light green).
5
6 Yep, it's awful. People have been complaining about it for years and
7 years.
8
9 > I searched how to adapt them to my background but did not success.
10
11 The short answer is: you can't. The devs use black backgrounds and
12 you're supposed to also.
13
14 > I already know about color.map but this just allows to tune some
15 > colors and not all (at least the ones that are documented in the man
16 > page).
17 >
18 > So, is there any way (without using --nocolor) to use color set that is
19 > more readable?
20
21 Nope.
24 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I hope I bought the
25 at right relish ... zzzzzzzzz
26 gmail.com ...