From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge -j, make -j and make -l
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 11:02:13
1 covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > Mick<michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Saturday 26 Nov 2011 15:22:15 Michael Mol wrote:
5 >>> I just wanted to share an experience I had today with optimizing parallel
6 >>> builds after discovering "-l" for Make...
7 >>>
8 >>> I've got a little more tweaking I still want to do, but this is pretty
9 >>> awesome...
10 >>>
11 >>> http://funnybutnot.wordpress.com/2011/11/26/optimizing-parallel-builds/
12 >>>
13 >>> ZZ
14 >> Thanks for sharing! How do you determine the optimum value for -l?
15 > How do you get emerge not to display number of jobs and load average --
16 > I only want to compile one at a time -- much safer that way and it is
17 > doing that, but now it displays all that load average and how many jobs,
18 > etc. -- any way to get rid of that display?
21 Thank Zac for that. He thinks he knows what you want. ;-) Apparently
22 not huh?
23
24 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-901858.html
25
26 Just add --quiet-build=n to EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS in make.conf and it will
27 do it the old way.
28
29 Hope that helps.
30
31 Dale
32
36 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!