From: Saphirus Sage <saphirus497@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to turn off the screen permanently
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 13:53:28
1 On Feb 19, 2009, at 4:49 AM, Vladimir Rusinov
2 <vladimir@×××××××××.info> wrote:
8 > On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Marcin Zwd <marcinzwd@×××××.com>
9 > wrote:
10 > Well, I've just upgraded my laptop. The old one has ati
11 > radeon r250 graphics card. On this card I can easily turn
12 > off the screen using nice program "radeantool" of course
13 > "xset dpms force off" worked as well. And "turn off" was
14 > permanent. It is worth to mention that I was using
15 > x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati opensource drivers... On the
16 > other hand, the new laptop has nvidia (quadro 135) aboard
17 > and now I'm using x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-177.82.
18 > Everything works fine except one tiny problem now if I turn
19 > off the screen and backlight after a few seconds the
20 > backlight is back on!
21 >
22 > Try following:
23 > sleep 1 && xset dpms force off
26 > --
27 > Vladimir Rusinov
28 > http://greenmice.info/
29
30 Given you're using nvidia, if you just use the nvidia settings app,
31 the graphical one, you can just disable the screen. But, that one's
32 actually perminant, as in removing that screen from xorg.conf