From: Vladimir Rusinov <vladimir@×××××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to turn off the screen permanently
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 09:49:41
1 On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Marcin Zwd <marcinzwd@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Well, I've just upgraded my laptop. The old one has ati
4 > radeon r250 graphics card. On this card I can easily turn
5 > off the screen using nice program "radeantool" of course
6 > "xset dpms force off" worked as well. And "turn off" was
7 > permanent. It is worth to mention that I was using
8 > x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati opensource drivers... On the
9 > other hand, the new laptop has nvidia (quadro 135) aboard
10 > and now I'm using x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-177.82.
11 > Everything works fine except one tiny problem now if I turn
12 > off the screen and backlight after a few seconds the
13 > backlight is back on!
16 Try following:
17 sleep 1 && xset dpms force off
22 Vladimir Rusinov