From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [O/T] RAID help - now won't boot
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 08:55:57
1 Nicolas Sebrecht <nsebrecht@×××××.fr> wrote:
2 >The 21/10/13, J. Roeleveld wrote:
3 >
4 >> Other option:
5 >> 1 install to single disk
6 >>
7 >> 2 using sysresccd create a degraded raid1 using the 2nd drive
8 >>
9 >> 3 copy the partitions and date from drive 1 to the degraded raid
10 >device
11 >
12 >What is "copy the date"?
13
14 A typo. I meant to say "copy the data".
17 >> 4 add disk 1 to the raid
18 >
19 >I might miss something but I guess you're going to erase the installed
20 >system (on disk 1) from the unused disk (disk 2), here.
21
22 No. At this point, the raid (with disk2) has a copy of disk1.
25 >I believe it would only be possible by installing the system on the
26 >degraded RAID, which will likely mean coming back to the original swap
27 >problem.
28
29 That is why I suggested installing on a normal single disk. The copying over onto the degraded raid using disk2.
30
31 >> 5 wait for the raid device is synchronized
32 >>
33 >> 6 change fstab and grub config to reflect the new disklayout
37 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.