From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Straight from the horse's mouth
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 10:32:27
1 On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 10:52 AM, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 >
3 > http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2012-August/006066.html
4 >
5 > (Yes, udev on non-systemd systems is in our eyes a dead end, in case you
6 > haven't noticed it yet. I am looking forward to the day when we can drop
7 > that support entirely.)
8 >
9 > Lennart
12 I would love to see the day when I could have a udev-free system, and leave
13 UDEV/Poetterix to the lennartings...
14
15 > Plan B... toot... (blowing my own horn)
16 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Mdev
17
18 Walter,
19
20 I'm confused about the xorg stuff in the WiKi. It mentions the evdev driver as
21 critical, but at the Notes at the bottom you say "evdev need udev to be
22 built". Can you clarify this?
23
24 Thanks
25