From: Alberto Luaces <aluaces@×××.es>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: ebuild not inserting soname, therefore emerging zlib fails
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 07:26:29
1 Hi Paul,
2
3 Paul Hartman writes:
4
5 > On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 11:26 AM, Alberto Luaces <aluaces@×××.es> wrote:
6 >> Hello,
7 >>
8 >> I have searched quite a bit for an error I'm having when emerging
9 >> current zlib-1.2.5-r2. The problem is that somehow the soname is not
10 >> written in the .so file, and the build process fails. I attach all the
11 >> build logs in case I have some obvious misconfiguration that I should be
12 >> aware of. I have not changed my CHOSTS or things like that.
13 >>
14 >> I recompiled the previous version and happened the same, but it seems
15 >> at that time not having a soname was not forbidden by the ebuild and I
16 >> got just a QA notice.
17 >>
18 >> If I try to compile zlib from the /var/tmp/portage... directory the
19 >> library compiles fine and, in addition, the soname is included this
20 >> time. I tried to trace the eclasses in order to know what was happening
21 >> but I couldn't.
22 >
23 > Hi,
24 >
25 > Based on your settings I am guessing you have used distcc in the past,
26 > even though you have disabled it now.
27
28 You are right, well spotted!
29
30 > I think zlib's configure makes some changes based on if it thinks you
31 > use distcc or not. I would try to unset CC in environment and remove
32 > -m32 from your CFLAGS and see if it is any different. It's only a
33 > guess and you can change it back if it doesn't work.
36 My environment CC was empty or already unset, I removed the `-m32' tag
37 but it happens the same.
40 > I would also select again your preferences in gcc-config and
41 > binutils-config, run env-update and source /etc/profile just to be
42 > sure everything is in working order. :)
45 I followed your advice. I have only another compiler, the mingw cross
46 compiler, but I checked that is not selected byb default.
47
48 Nevertheless, thank you for your help. You gave me the idea on focusing
49 on zlib's configure script in order to see what is failing in the
50 detection process.
53 Alberto