From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Too terse error message from emerge.
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 17:02:22
1 Hello, Dale.
2
3 On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 06:33:47AM -0600, Dale wrote:
4 > J. Roeleveld wrote:
5 > > Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de> wrote:
6
7 > >> Another question - is there any sensible way of cutting the unnecessary
8 > >> stuff out of SANE_BACKENDS? That variable is set in the ebuild, and it
9 > >> doesn't feel the Right Thing to edit the ebuild file.
10
11 > >>> --
12 > >>> - Yohan Pereira
13 > > Set it in 'make.conf'.
14
15 > > --
16 > > Joost
19 > If you are like me and not sure what to search for, this is a example:
20
21 > SANE_BACKENDS="avision"
22
23 Thanks. For me it's SANE_BACKENDS="plustek". Not sure why, since it's a
24 Canon scanner. Got that info from running sane and opening its info
25 window.
26
27 > You would almost certainly need to replace that avision. I found a used
28 > scanner only to find out why they didn't want it either, it was broke.
29 > lol
30
31 I got mine given me by somebody who'd just upgraded to Windows 7; it
32 didn't work in W7. Haven't you got to love Microsoft? ;-)
33
34 > If you do a emerge -vp <sane package>, it should show you the available
35 > options. You could google for them to but emerge could be faster.
36
37 > Hope that helps.
38
39 > Dale