From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] alsa and multiple sources of sound...
Date: Sat, 25 May 2019 07:07:11
1 Hi,
2
3 I thought, alsa could handle multiple sources of sound
4 simultanously...
5
6 I was playing around witht he FAUST programming language (which is
7 a functional programming language for DSP kind of things).
8 From a input script this language compiles an executable, which
9 (beside other targets) speaks to alsa.
10
11 But:
12 For example when running blender (which connects to alsa) and
13 the trying one of FAUST generated executables, the latter saus
14 "alsa error -16 : Device or resource busy".
15 For me it looks like alsa could not handle multiple sources
16 at the same time.
17
18 Is this dependant on a configuration "something" or is alsa
19 really limited that way or..?
20
21 Cheers!
22 Meino