From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dual-linuxdistro-boot kernel question
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 17:50:21
1 On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 17:45:37 +0200, Holly Bostick wrote:
2
3 > Maybe under normal circumstances it is, but SUSE really doesn't seem to
4 > like booting from Gentoo's bootloader when the SUSE kernel is on the
5 > other partition (not in the /boot partition my Gentoo uses). Of course,
6 > the SUSE kernel doesn't like to boot from 'normal' entries, either-- I
7 > recall when I was still using LiLO, that I had to physically copy the
8 > SuSE entry from SuSE's lilo.conf to the lilo.conf I was actually using,
9 > because just adding a standard entry to point to the SuSE
10 > kernel/partition wouldn't boot SuSE.
11
12 When I was dual-booting Gentoo and SUSE, I let SUSE install its
13 bootloader onto it's root partition and chainloaded it from Gentoo's
14 GRUB. It saved any such hassle.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 MIPS: Meaningless Indication of Processor Speed