From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kompozer: undefined reference to `SEC_ASN1Encode_Util'
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 09:04:54
1 On Thursday 28 April 2011 20:28:14 Paul Hartman wrote:
2
3 > I don't see kompozer in portage at all. Is it in an overlay?
4
5 Now that you ask, I don't remember how I came by it, but I have an ebuild and so
6 on in /usr/local/portage. I was also astonished to find, after I wrote, that I
7 also have a package of it from last time I did manage to get it emerged, last
8 June. I tried emerging that and it seems to have worked - the program runs, at
9 any rate.
10
11 > I think the function in the subject is from libnss, so I wonder if
12 > trying a different version of libnss might produce different results.
13 > Kompozer is probably closely related to some version of Firefox or
14 > Seamonkey. If you know which version it is similar to, you might be
15 > able to look at the dependencies for that and compare them.
16
17 Good idea. I'll look into it (after the business of the day is concluded!).
18
19 > I also wonder if you might need to remove -Wl,--as-needed from your
20 > LDFLAGS.
21
22 Perhaps...
23