From: "A.R.S. KA9QLQ Alvin Koffman" <alvin_ka9qlq@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Hello
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 07:01:22
1 I looked at gentoo about 2 years back when I wanted to switch from
2 Mandrake, I went with Mepis and realy liked 3.3 but 3.4-3 doesn't seem as
3 good. Don't like how they changed the reopositories. So I thought I'd look
4 to gentoo again, and am please to see they're really making progress.
5 Looks like there's a live cd with a graphical install from what I've read.
8 I remember asking about a graphical frountend [like synaptit in Mepis] and
9 was told "we're working on it." How's it coming?
10
11 I see it still leans heavly on Gnome but a KDE version is on it's way,
12 that will help with popularity.
13
14 I have a Celleron 2.9 gig 80 gig hd X 2 and 160 gig sata Diamond Stealth
15 P90 nvidia fx 5200 video, and winsurf tv card that likes to lock my systom
16 up grrrr and dsl.
17
18 Will the dvd have a ton of stuff? I see the live cd is only 200 meg, that
19 seems kinda small. Be nice to see xvkbd in it for people who can't use
20 their hands well.
21 Just wondering.
22 Alvin
23
24 For the best jerky you've ever had go to
25 http://alk.jerkydirect.com/
26 My home page
27 http://ka9qlq.tripod.com
28 This PC is windows free with Mepis Linux 3.4-3
29 http://www.mepis.org/
30 1(747)632-4973 SIP
31 Get Gizmo 1 cent per minuet calling
32 http://www.gizmoproject.com/